Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Ronald S <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: Loan Offer
Reply-To: Ronald S <email@example.com>
I am a financial broker and independent investment consultant. I appreciate that you may not be actively looking for investment capital at the moment however I came across your profile and found your background to be really interesting and just thought I should mention that if you require investment capital for your venture. Do not hesitate to contact me. We are open for debt financing at very low interest rates and equity partnership . Feel free to revert to me for further details.
Foreign consultant,Mergers & Acquisitions, Valuations,
Debt Placements, Equity Infusions, Loan outsourcing.
WhoIs details for lnvestmentsltd.com
Creation Date: 2023-10-13T11:59:55Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2024-10-13T11:59:55Z
Registrar: PDR Ltd. d/b/a PublicDomainRegistry.com
Registrant Name: grace PSALMSw
Registrant Street: 44 isikalu street lagos
Registrant City: lagos state
Registrant State/Province: Lagos
Registrant Postal Code: 110001
Registrant Country: NG
Registrant Phone: +234.2349011864
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is on a domain registered less than a month ago by someone in Nigeria.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The domain used is registered by someone in Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.