Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: anna villani <email@example.com> Reply-To: William mason <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: re X-Originating-IP: [126.96.36.199]
Dear Sir / Madam,
We offer loans for all purposes.
Apply now and get within 3 working days financed.
– Minimum amount of the loan: $5,000.00
– Maximum amount of loan: $50,000,000.00
– Interest rate: 2% per year
For more information, please e-mail us.
Loan Amount Needed:
God bless you
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: gloworld.com City: Nkpor Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Yahoo address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.