Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Loan To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: "Mr. Ruben Home Loan " <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are sincere Government well registered and certified private moneylender permitted to render financial assistant to individual and cooperate bodies, ranging from the Amount of $5,000 to $100,000,000 Million Dollars ,Euro and Pounds with long loan repayment period of 1 year to 50 years.REPLY TO THIS EMAIL: :Name,Amount,Duration,Phone Number,Country,City And Home Address, please contact us for more information,.. REPLY TO THIS EMAIL: email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.