Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "2% LOAN" <email@example.com> Reply-To: "2% LOAN" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: LOAN X-Originating-IP: [126.96.36.199]
Greetings to You,
2% LOAN OFFER, We Are Certified To Offer The Following Kinds Of Loans * Personal Loan(Unsecured) * Business Loan (Unsecured) * Debt Consolidation Loan *Improve your home * Investment Loan but once again i want to be sure you are very serious and trustworthy, We have been given the privilege to meet your financial needs. The issue of credit shouldn’t stop you from getting the loan that you need.,Looking forward in doing a nice business with you.If interested, please contact us today with the following information below:
1) Name 2) Country 3) Loan Amount 4) Loan Duration 5) Telephone number 6) Occupation.
Yours In Service,
MEGG Funding Management.
Reply to Email: email@example.com
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Zainugas City: n/a Country of Origin: Uganda * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Uganda, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot