Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.1.129] ([18.104.22.168]) Subject: Kindly get back to us now, if you are still interested in completing this transaction. To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: "Mr. Philip" <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Loan Applicant,
I want to use this medium to wish you and your family Happy New Month.
As the new month begins, Here are my wishes for you: May this month
keep you healthy, May you achieve all of your daily targets; May you
remain happy and whole; May this month be better than all the previous
months of this year!
We also want to remind you of this pending transaction which needs to
be finalized this week. I want you to know, that we are still waiting
to hear from you with the payment of this fee, so that we can be able
to finally complete your loan transaction now.
Kindly get back to us now, if you are still interested in completing
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com IP Address Summary Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: airtel.com City: Kiboga Country of Origin: Uganda * For a complete report on this IP address goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Uganda, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.