Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: ADMIN <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: Financing Your Projects Reply-To: email@example.com
I write to inform you that my office is in a cordial working
relationship with a Group of International Funders with high capacity of
financing any viable Government, Corporate and Private Projects/Business
opportunities with our experience team of professional evaluators, hence
we seek any of the interested audience to take advantage of the
opportunity as funds has been mapped out by the investors to be released
for any viable project with good Return On Investment. My clients can
provide investment funds in the region US$500,000- to US$200,000,000 in
financial investment support to you, depending on the government
contract, project or business and provided that the Return on Investment
(ROI) will be paid back as would be agreed in a written Contract.
Therefore, if you have any funding need as mentioned above, kindly
contact me for more details on the procedure moving forward, thank you.
Mr. Xolisile W. Shabalala
Operating Capital Consultant
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Hotmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The telephone number used indicates that the email originates from South Africa, which is a known hotspot for loan scams.