Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org From: Heritage Merit Bank <email@example.com> Subject: Do You Need Loan? To: firstname.lastname@example.org Bcc: [REDACTED]
Attn: Loan Offer Apply Now
I am Mr. Owen Harrison Gabriel, the Manager of Heritage Merit Bank in Fremont, California of the United of States America. The HERITAGE MERIT BANK wants to offer Loans to individuals, Firms and corporate bodies at 3% interest rate per annual and 0.5% interest rate monthly base.
The amount of the loan has been signed and approved by the bank committee the sum of US$500,000,000.00 which you have the privilege to loan US$50,000.00 to US$500,000,000.00. You are to return the loan granted to you in 1 year agreement.
Loan terms determinant INFORMATION NEEDED ARE:
Valid Passport Copy/Driver License:
Revert for us to proceed should you be interested in this offer.
Always reply to email@example.com
Mr. Owen Harrison Gabriel
Heritage Merit Bank
7190 Stevenson Blvd.
Heritage Merit Bank Building
Fremont, California 94538
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Yandex address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who the company offering the loan are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.