Loan Scammer – email@example.com
The following email was received in an email address that has previously communicated with scammers
From: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: <email@example.com> To: Undisclosed recipients:; Subject: RE:
DO YOU NEED A LOAN AT 2% RATE ANNUALLY, IF YES CONTACT US FOR MORE INFO
Why is this a scam
Here are a few pointers as to why this email is a loan scam
- It was received unsolicited by an email account that exists only to receive emails from scammers. This email address would not be on any legitimate mailing lists and is not registered with any legitimate businesses.
- It was bulk mailed to many recipients.
- The email address used to send it firstname.lastname@example.org is totally unrelated to the email any replies will go to and appears to belong to a French medical facility. The email address has been compromised and is now being used to mass mail initial scam emails.
- The reply-to address email@example.com is a free Gmail email address.
- There is no indication in the email as to who it is from or where they are located or who the are regulated by.
- An interest rate of 2% is well below the current rates offered by legitimate lenders.