Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Richard Maxwell <firstname.lastname@example.org>
To: Recipients <email@example.com>
Received: from [192.168.8.49] (unknown [18.104.22.168]) by mail.utm.edu.ec
Are you looking for a reputable company that gives out loans with low interest rate of just 0.2%, then you are at the right place, @James Kaplan loan Company, located in the United States of America, give it a try and you will not be disappointed by us, contact us via email ……….. firstname.lastname@example.org :Name,Amount,Duration,Phone Number,Country,City And Home Address, please contact us for more information,.. REPLY TO THIS EMAIL: email@example.com Call Phone +1 (915) 243 6422 … office addresses ……. 300 Carnegie Center, Suite 240 Princeton, NJ 08540 United states of America …218356
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Spectranet City: Abuja Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to and the sending address belongs to a US educational establishment.
- The email addresses used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The totally ridiculous interest rate being offered.
- The email was sent from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud scam hotspot.