Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: <email@example.com> Subject: x-originating-ip: [18.104.22.168]
Are you seeking for loan or business funding? if so, contact us through our company for 3% funding
Adex Trust Fund. is a national association of industry resource professionals, providing Business Services and Funding Resource, referrals and introductions to fund new and emerging small to mid-cap businesses ..
Investment Partnership and more …
Contact us today
We await your urgent response …
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Ticsa-asn City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to and the sending address is a Brazilian Government address.
- The email addresses used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the lender is based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.