Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Mr.Chahal K." <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Subject: Ref: Mutual Request To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
We are Alliance consulting Group , a financial consulting firm based in Europe for over 15 years.
We facilitate investment loans at an interest rate of 3%-6.7% depending on the project under consideration and the duration.
We manage funds for a pool of high net-worth clients that seek confidentiality and we have no limit to the funding that can be provided so long as the project has a positive ROI.
Forward your details and project summary should you be interested.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email addresses used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of exactly where the lender is re based or who they are regulated by.
- The phone number is a UK mobile phone – legitimate companies use landlines, not mobiles.