Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: URGENT REPLY NEEDED,REMINDER To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: "Mr. X" <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are global financial provider, led by a dynamic Investment team. We are
providing corporate and Personal Loan at 3% Interest Rate
for a duration of 2 to 20 Years.
We also pay 1% commission to brokers/person, who introduce project owners
for finance or other opportunities.
Contact us immediately for more information.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Yahoo addresses.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- There is no such thing as a “global financial provider” – financial companies have to be registered, regulated and have a physical presence in each country that they want to do business in.