Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Lending <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Received: from [220.127.116.11]
Do you need an urgent loan to pay off your bills,startup a business or any kind of loan kindly contact Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Safaricom City: Nairobi Country of Origin: Kenya * For a complete report on this email header ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Yahoo address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Kenya, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.