Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: email@example.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org Received: from [172.20.10.4] (8ta-249-77-189.telkomadsl.co.za [220.127.116.11])
Do you need a loan to start up business,clear debt,buy car,hospital bils? Kindly contact us for financial assistance via email:email@example.com
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Saix-net City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud Loan Scam hotspot.