Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: 24 Hours loan <email@example.com> Reply-To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com> Subject: re X-Originating-IP: [220.127.116.11]
Do you need an urgent 2% business or personal loan? kindly contact us today via(firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information,This loan offer is open for both European,Asia,North America,South America and Canada(Minimum loan offer is $5,000.00 and maximum loan offer is $100,000,000.00)
Phone Number: +1 305-417-5876
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Smilecomms City: Dar Es Salaam Country of Origin: Tanzania, United Republic of * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
WhoIs details for 24hoursloan.com
Creation Date: 2016-01-23T17:45:49Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-01-23T17:45:49Z Registrant Name: Registration Private Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
WhoIs details for 24hoursloans.com
Creation Date: 2017-09-25T23:44:52Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-09-25T23:44:52Z Registrant Name: PERFECT PRIVACY, LLC
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address is from a different domain to the website.
- The domains are anonymously registered and only for 1 year at a time. Legitimate businesses register their domains for multiple years and do not need to hide their identity.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Tanzania in Africa, yet has an American phone number.