Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Mrs Rose Berry <email@example.com> Reply-To: "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com> Subject: Loan Offer X-Originating-IP: [22.214.171.124]
DO YOU NEED AN URGENT LOAN TO START UP A NEW LINE OF BUSINESS OR LOAN SHARK CONTACT US NOW VIA EMAIL:firstname.lastname@example.org
NECESITA UN PRÉSTAMO URGENTE PARA INICIAR UNA NUEVA LÍNEA DE NEGOCIOS O TENIS DE PRÉSTAMOS CONTÁCTENOS AHORA MISMO POR CORREO ELECTRÓNICO: email@example.com
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 126.96.36.199 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.