Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Eduardo Paiva <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: APPLY A LOAN 3% RATE To: Undisclosed recipients:;
My name is Mrs Abigail Mills we are a new legit loan lenders of 2018 and we like to help any body that need financial help we offer as from $500,000.00 and $5,000,000.00 and we also give out loans in euros above that so if you need help kindly send us an email on: email@example.com so that your loan transaction can take place now and you will have your loan transferred in the next 24 hours time. It is a fast transfer and is safe without any delay. So Email: firstname.lastname@example.org if interested.
Tel: +7 (926)-242-3674
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous amounts of loan being offered.
- No real financial company would refer to themselves as “legit”.