Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Do you need a loan? From: CITIZEN LOANS CORP <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: undisclosed-recipients:;
Do you need a loan? Or you need refinance?
We offer loans to Firms, private and
Public individuals regardless of age, sex and location at 3%
interest rate Provided they are able to pay back the loan at the stipulated time.
We offer the following types of loans: Business Loan, Dept Consolidation,
Home Loan, Public and Private loan,
Business start up and Business expansion Loans,
We also offer Loans for your project financing and investment
purposes, Loans for Real Estate and Mortgages are also available.
Bad credit and no credit are not a problem,
Awaiting your swift response,
Your Approval is 100% Guaranteed.
Mr Thomas Evans
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Hotmail.com address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- No legitimate lender would guarantee 3% rates regardless of credit history