Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Smelt, Barbara" <Barbara.Smelt@tehn.ca> To: "Smelt, Barbara" <Barbara.Smelt@tehn.ca> Subject: RE: LOAN OFFER x-originating-ip: [18.104.22.168]
Get fast and emergency loan today at 2% rate.We offer loans for personal and business purposes.We offer loans to pay bills.Loans from 10,000 to 500 million euros.We issue long-term loans for 25 years.Contact us for more information about our e-mail.Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Dambatta Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.