Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org From: Veronica Shay <email@example.com> Subject: LEGIT LOAN OFFER, Cc: [Redacted - list of email addresses]
Dear Sir / Madam,
Are you a business man or a woman? You are in any financial mess or doing
Will you need the funds to start your own business?
We can service yours
The financial need with the return on the problem, which is why we are
you fond for
only 3%. Whatever your circumstances, self-employed,
Poor rating, we could help. Flexible repayment of more than 3-20
years. so you can settle your debt or pay your bills or run
nice company? Contact us at: Calvinkleinloanfund@gmail.com for
DO YOU NEED?
a) Personal Loan and Business Expansion,
b) Business Start-up, Education,
(c) debt consolidation,
d) Hard Money Loans.
Contact us at: Calvinkleinloanfund@gmail.com
With loan requirements:
1. Full names:
2. Mobile phone number:
4. Loan Amount Necessary:
5. Loan Duration:
PLUS A SCAN COPY OF A VALID ID FROM YOU …
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using CC, meaning all their email addresses are visible – a data breach that no real company would commit.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- No real loan lender would use the phrase “LEGIT LOAN OFFER”