Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "B & L Cash Loans" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: "B & L Cash Loans" <email@example.com> Subject: Get B and L 3% Cash and Reliable Loans
Do you need a quick and legitimate loan?
Having a hard time securing loan elsewhere? Try us now!
For Personal Loans, Business Loans, Car Loans, Agricultural Loans and Home Loans.
We offer loans to organisations and individuals @3% fixed interest rate
Our Loans are Quick and Reliable.
Contact us today.
Loan ranges from R20,000.00 to R20,000,000 over a comfortable repayment period.
Flexible loan terms and conditions.
Michelle Jane Mathews
B & L Cash Loans
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who the lenders are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email appears to originate from South Africa (based on the currency used), which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.