Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Crowns Finance <email@example.com> Reply-To: Crowns Finance <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: X-Originating-IP: [188.8.131.52]
Benötigen Sie einen Kredit, um Ihr Geschäft zu erweitern oder um persönliche Rechnungen zu bezahlen?
Senden Sie eine E-Mail an: email@example.com; für weitere Informationen über dieses Kreditangebot zu sehr niedrigen Zinssätzen.
Do you need a loan to expand your business or to pay for personal bills?
Send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org; for more information on this loan offer at very low interest rate.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
The domain crownsfinance.com has no website set up, it is purely used for emails.
WhoIs details for crownsfinance.com
Creation Date: 2018-05-25T14:29:41UTC Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-05-25T14:29:41UTC Registrant Organization: Sales Registrant State/Province: Anthens Registrant Country: GL
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is on a fake domain that is only 4 months old and registered using inconsistent details.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.