Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Capital Funding Management <email@example.com> Reply-To: Capital Funding Management <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Loan Capital Funding Management
Are you a Business Owner or a Broker/Financial Consultant looking for a Business loan or are you looking for a Personal loan. Our interest rates are affordable, ranging from 3% to 4.5% interest rate per annual depends on the loan type. If interested, please contact us today with the following information below:
1) Name 2) Country 3) Loan Amount 4) Loan Duration 5) Telephone number 6) Occupation.
Yours In Service,
Capital Funding Management.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who the company offering the loan are, where they are based or who they are regulated by.