Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org & email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: ONLINE MONEY LOAN <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com Subject: RECEIVE AN ONLINE LOAN IN 48 HOURS X-Originating-IP: 184.108.40.206:35559
Get a loan online:
– Business loans
– Personal loans
– Loan financing
– Real estate loans
And everything from $ 3,000 to $ 30,000,000. The interest rate is 3% on all conditions of the offer.
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: Spacetel City: Cotonou Country of Origin: Benin * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used are a free Gmail address and a free vanity address from Mail.com.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Benin, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.