Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Loan offer To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Sir Manoj Yidi <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: <email@example.com>
Are you interested in a Loan? we offer all kinds of financial assistance to all individuals “Business Personal Loan , investment Loan,home consolidation Loan, debt Loan and company loan worldwide. Our interest rate is 3% per year. we also render financial advice to our clients.if you have any good project or you want to start up a business and you need loan to finance it, just contact us immediately so that we can discuss, sign agreement and then finance your project or business for you. Kindly contact us today for all your financial needs. contact us.
Sir Manoj Yidi
Excelsior Investors Finance Group
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- There is no such thing as lenders who operate worldwide. Lenders in a particular country would have to have a registered entity that is authorised there, and has a physical presence there. That business would also only do business in that country.