Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam emails were sent to a victim about 2 hours apart. The first is offering a new loan and the second is a reminder for an existing loan application.
First Email headers
From: Edward Frank <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
First Email body
Do you need urgent financial help? Email us now for more details.
Second Email headers
Reply-To: email@example.com From: Edward Frank <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
Second Email body
Are you still interested in getting this loan? email us now for your Xmas Loan.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It second email was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email address that received these 2 mails has had no previous contact with the email address email@example.com.