Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Welcome To Hartwell Finance Loans & Debts Consolidation From: Hartwell Finance <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: Hartwell Finance <email@example.com>
Dear Valued Customer,
Consolidate your debts with Hartwell Finance SA for your peace of mind
at a fixed interest rate of 3.5% no credit review. Personal and
Business Loans are also welcome.
* We offer R20, 000.00 to R20 million loan.
For details open enclosed documents and file in applications of your
Yours in Services,
Sandra Johnson (Mrs.)
Senior Loan Manager
Hartwell Finance SA
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Financier.com address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.