Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Henry King <email@example.com> Subject: urgent loan needed apply now To: [Redacted - Long list of email addresses]
Am Mr. Henry King. A legitimate and a reliable private loan lender. l
got your post and email address that you are in need of a loan? Are
you still in need of an urgent loan to payup your debts and bills? I
offer all kinds of Loan packages under clear and understandable
conditions at low interest rate of 3%. From $ 5,000 € to $ 8. Milions
€ USD, Euro for more information get back to us.
Why is this a loan scam?
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients with all of their email addresses in the TO field. A legitimate company would not breach client confidentiality like this.
- The email gives no indication of where the individual offering the loan is based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The poor grammar used is indicative of a West African scammer