Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Bank Leumi <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Do you need a loan for personal or business purpose? Bank Leumi offer a range of $20,000.00 to $25,000,000.00 at 3% interest rate. reply us if interested.
WhoIs details for leumieservice.com
Creation Date: 2018-01-26T07:00:00Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-01-26T07:00:00Z Registrant Name: Ann L. Mauzy Registrant Organization: Registrant Street: 433A County Road 84 Registrant City: Santa Fe Registrant State/Province: ID Registrant Postal Code: 87506 Registrant Country: US Registrant Phone: +1.2084405911 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: Registrant Fax Ext: Registrant Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is from a domain registered with unrelated details.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.