Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from server218.managedns.org ([220.127.116.11] helo=server192.managedns.org) From: Info <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: Reply-To: email@example.com
Are you in need of Business or personal loans? We offer all kinds of loans at 3% contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact us now at: email@example.com
Note: All replies should be forwarded to DJBLOAN@GMAIL.COM
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Ctrls Datacenters Ltd. City: Mumbai Country of Origin: India * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from India, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud loan scam hotspot.