Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Do You Need An Urgent Loan Or Financing Reply For Details To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: firstname.lastname@example.org Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2018 01:59:32 +0200 Reply-To: email@example.com
This loan scam email had no body, the scam message in in the Subject line
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- No legitimate company would send out an email with no actual body to it, just a subject line.