Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org From: Chantel Sandra Daniel <email@example.com> Subject: Loan To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
Hi, I am Mrs. Sandra Chantel Are you in any position of financial
assistance and you seek to get a loan? here is an opportunity for you
rate of 2% interest rate from the range of (€$) 5,000.00 to
150,000,000.00. Our loans are well insured and maximum security is
* Personal Funds(Secure and Unsecured)
* Business Funds(Secure and Unsecured)
* Combination Funds
* Consolidation Funds and Many More:
1)The Borrower must be at the age of 18years and above
2)Even with Bad credit, you still Guarantee a Borrower a funds
3)The funds Can Be Granted Even With low credit.
Return the borrow Application now.
1) First Name:
2) Last Name:
3) City/Zip Code:
7) Date of birth:
8.) Amount Needed:
9) Purpose For Loan:
12) Office phone:
14) Name Of Company:
16) Monthly income:
Contact Via Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly get back to me.
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email guarantees a loan regardless of credit history – legitimate lenders would not do this.