Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [10.136.214.47] (unknown [184.108.40.206]) Subject: LOAN OFFER APPLY HERE To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: <email@example.com>
We offer personal and business loan at 2% interest rate within 1 year to
19 years repayment duration, we offer loan with capital base between the
amount of $3,000 to $500,000,000 to Individuals, companies and Cooperate
Bodies. for more details
Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Whatsapp No: +12812203568
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
WhoIs details for mainonefinanceco.com
Creation Date: 2018-03-19T18:35:33Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2019-03-19T18:35:33Z Registrant State/Province: Kualampur Registrant Country: MY
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is from a fraudulent domain registered by someone in Malaysia.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.