Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject:A recommendation from Trend Loan Company From: Trend Loan Company <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: Trend Loan Company <email@example.com>
A friend of yours, Trend Loan Company, whose email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, thought you might like to visit our site.
Trend Loan Company’s Message:
Do you need a personal loan or a business loan to start up a business of your own? We offer loans to all in need at very low interest rate 5% we would be able to give you any amount you want no collateral no credit check , contact us now for more information ( email@example.com )
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to and sent using the “recommend us” facility on a totally unrelated website.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous claim to be able to offer any amount of loan without collateral or credit checks. No legitimate lender would make such a claim.