Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "Marcel J. Monneret" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: "Marcel J. Monneret" <email@example.com> Subject: Investment & Loan Offer
Investment & Loan Offer
My Principal, is a high net worth investor with who is offering quick loan or collateral of up to $500m in liquid financial assets.
We are ready to take a good look at your project summary and will respond quickly if you meet our criteria for funding.
Kindly contact me at email your details to me urgently for consideration.
Marcel J. Monneret
Reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.