Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: Dear Sir/Madam, To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: "Mr.Neil Trotter " <email@example.com> Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Do you need a loan to pay off your bills at 2% Interest rate? We give
maximum of 95,000,000.00 USD to minimum of $5,000. If you are
interested contact us at Email: email@example.com
Have you apply before?:…
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.