Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Reply-To: email@example.com From: Elizabeth Yem <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: Re: Hi. To: [Redacted]
We are giving loans at 2% interest rates and Our loan ranges from
$5,000-USD (Five Thousand US dollars) to $50,000,000.00. (Fifty
Million US dollars). We also lend in USA DOLLARS EURO and POUNDS!
FILL THE LOAN APPLICATION FORM.
1. Your Full names:_______
2. Contact address:_______
3. Country Of Residence:______
4. Loan Amount Required:________
8. Monthly Income:_______
9. Date Of Birth:________
Yours In Service,
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- he email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.