Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from vm01-teeny.webonline.biz (vm01-teeny.webonline.biz. [184.108.40.206]) From: Majid Al Futtaim Loan <email@example.com> Reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: Need Loan?
Greetings to You
Majid Al Futtaim Loan Firm is offering a floating loan scheme at 3%
interest rate without any collateral. (Only identification) The
Minimum amount you can borrow is $5,000.00 US Dollars to Maximum of
$100.Million USD.Do you need Loan for individual or corporate concern?
Then apply now via our email: email@example.com
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 220.127.116.11 Originating ISP: Optinet City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.