Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [126.96.36.199] Subject: Loan To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: Costumer Services <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a loan of at least US $ 10,000 with a maximum of US $ 950,000,000 and a minimum interest rate of 0.2% per annum for a maximum period of 45 years. This offer is only for serious customers. For more information about our loan offer, please contact us via e-mail:email@example.com or Whatsapp: +14342261437
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan and interest rate being offered.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.