Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Crestlake Investment Company <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: Vincent-Mint@hotmail.com Subject: INVESTMENT X-OriginatingIP: 126.96.36.199 (t2020019)
Welcome To Crestlake
Investment Company Ltd(CLIC)
The Crestlake Investment Company Ltd is a Financial Strategic Firm specializing in
Growth Financial Loans/Funding Investments. We specialize in investments in Private
sectors in a broad range of areas, Within our Financial Investment Services are M&A
development and management,financial and operational management, due diligence and
capital planning and development including Real estate, Energy, Oil and Gas,emerging
markets, digital content and services.
The Crestlake Investment Company Ltd Business Financial Team wish to invest on any
viable Projects presented by your Management after review on your Business Model
Presentation Plan. We intend to maintain a Silent/Financial Position on our Business
with your Company.We look forward to your Swift response.
Vincent Choi Mint
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 188.8.131.52 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Hotmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.