Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Luciano Ferreira Da Silva <firstname.lastname@example.org> Subject: LOAN OFFER; Business, Personal and Investment Loans x-originating-ip: [18.104.22.168]
We are offering you a business opportunity and providing investment funding in any lucrative business you possess the competence to manage.
We are investment and loan company based in London, United Kingdom and we offer funding in a form of a direct loan at a low interest rate at 5% per Annum. We are also open to Joint Venture at 30% Return On Investment (R.O.I) for a period of 5 – 10 years with an option for re-investment once both parties involved are satisfied with the profit accrued from the project.
Feel free to send your business plan, executive summary and financial projection for review prior to funding. We are willing to sign a Non Disclosure agreement with you upon request for your protection.
We look forward to doing business with you.
SAL Loan Financial Solution
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Celtel Nigeria Limited T.a Zain City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Hotmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who the company offering the loan are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.