Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [172.20.10.5] (8ta-150-79-168.telkomadsl.co.za [18.104.22.168]) Subject: Loan Offer To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: email@example.com Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ford Credit Centre offers business loans to help you grow your business.
We give out all kind of loan like Educational loan, Business loan, home loan, Agricultural loan, Personal loan, auto loan and other good Reason, I also give out loans from the rang of $10,000USD- $10,000,000USD at a 3% interest rate. Duration of 1- 15 years depending on the amount you need as loan.
If interested, please fill:
Reply to: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 22.214.171.124 Originating ISP: Saix-net City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.