Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: "INTERNATIONAL MONETARY FUND (IMF)/WORLD BANK (WB)" <email@example.com> Subject: MUTUAL LOAN / FUNDING PROCEDURES To: undisclosed-recipients:; Bcc: [Redacted]
MUTUAL LOAN / FUNDING PROCEDURES
good day and hope you are doing great. It is important that I update you on the recent development as regards our method of funding and providing you with the total loan funds needed for your project.
Going forward, as a result of the International Monetary Fund policy bordering of funds movement and tax evasion which have led to our company suffering huge loss as a result of banking ethics and compliance which has led to the confiscation of funds, we have decided henceforth that to protect you and us, we will be funding through crypto currency, Bitcoin specifically. Hence you are advised to create/set up a bit coin, block chain wallet. Upon receipt of the details of the Bitcoin , Block chain wallet, we will fund it with the total loan funds for you to confirm.
Note that upon funding of the Bitcoin, Block chain wallet, we will block the account and you would only be able to make transfer upon payment of the token activation cost. Be informed that this is the safest and most reliable medium for the movement of funds as there won’t be any issues bordering on money laundering or the likes with the funds and your Bitcoin, Block chain wallet.I will be awaiting your response for us to proceed.
1. Due to the new monetary policies introduced on the 2nd January 2019, in accordance to the Basel 111 / Basel3 IMF Monetary policy and compliance, this loan Process will be done strictly for the favor and safety of both parties, and the transacting currency for this transaction shall be via crypto currency which shall be either Bitcoin (BTC) or Bitcoin Cash (BTC Cash).
2. For the purpose of transparency of transaction the Loan / Fund beneficiary shall open a brand new BLOCKCHAIN wallet with zero (0) balance as enable Loan / Fund for security purposes of both parties.
3. The newly opened zero (0) Block chain wallet ID, will have a default password as to enable Loan / Fund provider have access to be approved by wallet owner, to fund and put a lien of security upon the Crypto Currency blocked as Non Spendable, prior to fulfillment of financial obligations.
4. After the zero (0) balance wallet have been funded, the Beneficiary wallet owner will be entitled to change password only known by him alone, for security purpose.
5. As to enable the wallet owner move the Crypto currency freely to his other wallet in a Sellable mode, an Activation Token will be released to the wallet holder, by the funds provider, only after fulfillment of all Financial obligation as agreed by both parties involved.
Dr. De Rodriguez
Why is this a loan scam?
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- No legitimate lender would use Bitcoin to send loan funds.