Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Avon <firstname.lastname@example.org> To: undisclosed-recipients:; Subject: Avon Proposal Reply-To: email@example.com
Dear Respective Sir / Madam,
Greetings to you.
We have open an opportunity for all interested individuals, companies
and project owners in need of financial assistance. We provide loan as
debt finance to fund projects to all viable and lucrative sectors at a
low interest rate of 3% ROI per annum, with upto 10 years repayment plan
with 1 year grace period and also can fund projects from $1million USD
to No max. Kindly revert back if you have projects or Business that
needs funding for further discussion and negotiation.
Ms. Amnah Neviana, MBA
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous lack of upper amount of loan.