Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
from: Milena Galvez <email@example.com> reply-to: firstname.lastname@example.org subject: Project and Business Funding Loan Offer.
Are you a Business Owner or a Broker/Financial Consultant looking for a Business loan, ranging from $1 Million USD to $900 Million USD? Our loans interest rate ranges from 3% to 4.5% interest rate per annual. Contact us for more details and application form.
WhoIs details for tuts-cf.com
Creation Date: 2019-02-27T05:38:50Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-02-27T05:38:50Z Registrant Name: matthew Iriogbe Registrant Organization: Virtuegenic Nig. Ent Registrant Street: 115 Ziks avenue Enugu Registrant City: Enugu Registrant State/Province: Enugu Registrant Postal Code: 410000 Registrant Country: NG Registrant Phone: +234.08077526663 Registrant Phone Ext: Registrant Fax: Registrant Fax Ext: Registrant Email: email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is from a domain registered by someone in Nigeria a few months ago.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.
- The email has links to Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.