Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [172.20.10.9] (unknown [188.8.131.52]) Subject: Finanzdarlehensangebot 3% To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Gavin Kolner <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Crown Ltd ist ein direkter privater Kreditgeber. Wir bieten einen Kredit in Höhe von 3% an. Für weitere Informationen kontaktieren Sie uns unter: firstname.lastname@example.org
Translation to English
Crown Ltd is a direct private lender. We offer a loan of 3%. For more information contact us at: email@example.com
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Cell-c City: Johannesburg Country of Origin: South Africa * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from South Africa, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.