Loan Scam – email@example.com
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Subject: LOAN & INVESTMENT FUNDS. To: Recipients <firstname.lastname@example.org> From: SAL Investment Group LIMITED <email@example.com> Reply-To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Good Day, We Offer Private, Commercial, Business, Personal and Investment Loans with very Minimal annual Interest Rates as Low as 3% within a 1 year to 50 years repayment duration period to any part of the world. We give out loans within the range of £, €, $10,000.00 US Dollars to £, €, $200,000,000.00 US Dollars. If you are interested, do not hesitate to contact directly. With best regards, Gunnar Hemgren, Processing Officer. SAL Investment Group LIMITED Please send your reply to: email@example.com
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Citromail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of where the company offering the loan are based or who they are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.