Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.43.147] (unknown [220.127.116.11]) Subject: Are you in need of financial reimbursement? To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: John Brent Elliott <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Are you in need of a loan for your business, for personal use ? Our offer provides loans with a low interest rate of 3%..Have you thought of obtaining a loan? Probably you have been turned down by your local bank? REPLY FOR MORE INFORMATION VIA: firstname.lastname@example.org
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Globacom-as City: Lagos Country of Origin: Nigeria * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free AOL address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Nigeria, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.