Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
From: Jorge E Jimenez <email@example.com> Subject: loan application form. To: [REDACTED]
Thanks for your mail,
We are capable of funding your loan request at this time.
Please complete the loan application form attached and return to me.
The following are the basic terms:
1. Minimum amount $200k
2. Maximum amount $500M
3. Maximum loan duration 10 years
4. Interest rate 4% every year. You can pay interest only every year and balloon payment at the end of the loan tenure or pay interest with principal yearly
5. Processing time 7 working days with your cooperation
6. Requirement business plan, ID and proof of address
Kindly send us the following for proper appraisal.
1. Business plan or executive summary with cash flow
2. ID of CEO of the borrowing company.
3. Proof of ID of the CEO and the company.
We shall swing into action once these are received and if you fully cooperate with us, you can be funded within 7 working days upon approval.
Find attached loan application form in this email complete and return to us with your ID and proof of address.
We look forward to be part of the actualisation of dreams.
WhoIs details for investment-accosociatecol.com
Creation Date: 2019-09-12T21:11:08Z Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2020-09-12T21:11:08Z Registrant Name: Whois Agent Registrant Organization: Domain Protection Services, Inc.
Why is this a loan scam?
- The email address used is on a domain that was recently registered by someone using a privacy service to hide their identity. Legitimate lenders have no need to hide who they are.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives the impression that it is a reply to a mail from the victim – this is not the case, the email address is was received at sends no outgoing emails.
- The email gives no indication of who the company offering the loan are regulated by.
- The ridiculous upper amount of loan being offered.