Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [192.168.43.99] (unknown [188.8.131.52]) Subject: To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: firstname.lastname@example.org Reply-To: email@example.com
Are you seriously looking for a business or personal loans? if yes then you have to contact this Email for more information : firstname.lastname@example.org about the loan condition
Interest rate 3% per annum
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 184.108.40.206 Originating ISP: Ckl1-asn City: n/a Country of Origin: Kenya * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from Kenya, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud hotspot.