Loan Scam – firstname.lastname@example.org
The below loan scam email was sent to an email address that exists only to catch scam emails. It has never been used to register on any site, only to communicate with scammers.
Received: from [10.86.100.213] (42-111-0-189.live.vodafone.in [220.127.116.11]) Subject: LOAN To: Recipients <email@example.com> From: Mr <firstname.lastname@example.org> Reply-To: email@example.com
Do you need and urgent loan ? if yes contact us now
IP Address Analysis
ipTRACKERonline.com Header Analysis Quick Report Originating IP: 18.104.22.168 Originating ISP: Vodafone India Ltd. City: Delhi Country of Origin: India * For a complete report on this email header goto ipTRACKERonline
Why is this a loan scam?
- It was sent from a totally different email address to the one that you are asked to reply to.
- The email address used is a free Gmail address.
- The email was mass-mailed to many recipients using BCC.
- The email gives no indication of who is offering the loan, where they are based or who they are regulated by.
- The email originated from India, which is a known Advance Fee Fraud Loan Scam hotspot.